For Immediate Release: November 1, 2016
FREDERICTON, N.B. - The Taskforce Fredericton Startup Network will be receiving an award on Thursday, November 3rd at the EforAll Summit in Lowell, MA for “Top Collaborative City-Wide Effort Promoting Entrepreneurship in a Mid-Sized City”.
Taskforce Fredericton Startup Network, an initiative that originated from economic development agency Ignite Fredericton, is a collection of key entrepreneurial players in the Fredericton ecosystem. The award celebrates the Taskforce’s dedication and success in the Fredericton community as they streamline and enhance municipal and provincial entrepreneurial services and programs. The award will be given at the EforAll Summit 2016, an annual international conference on entrepreneurship, impact, and mid-sized cities. The Summit is hosted by Entrepreneurship for All, a non-profit organization that accelerates economic development and social impact through entrepreneurship in mid-sized cities.
"We're excited and humbled to receive this award,” said current Taskforce Fredericton Startup Network chair and Chief Operating Officer of HotSpot Parking Erin Flood of the honour. “This recognition drives our vision forward as we continue to work together to become the Startup Capital of Canada."
Members on the Taskforce Fredericton Startup Network are focused on the community’s vision for 2020: to be the “Startup Capital of Canada”. Since its inception in 2014, the Taskforce has mapped the New Brunswick startup ecosystem in terms of service and delivery. This service delivery model, known as the ‘Subway’, helps guide entrepreneurs through the phases of business: ideation, validation, growth, and maturity.
Taskforce Fredericton Startup Network Members:
- Private Sector - Hot Spot Parking and Remsoft
- Ignite Fredericton
- Knowledge Park
- Planet Hatch
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- New Brunswick Arts Board
- Fredericton Chamber of Commerce
- the Hive
- New Brunswick Innovation Foundation
- Pond-Deshpande Centre
- Startup Canada
- Startup Fredericton
- University of New Brunswick (Research Office, International Business and Entrepreneurship Centre, Technology Management and Entrepreneurship)
- The Ville
- Opportunities New Brunswick
- Joint Economic Development Initiative (JEDI)
About Ignite Fredericton www.ignitefredericton.com
Mission: Fuelling Entrepreneurs for Economic Growth!
Vision: Startup (entrepreneur) Capital of Canada
As the community economic development organization, Ignite Fredericton provides free and confidential business counselling and tools to help entrepreneurs start, grow or locate a business. Core functions include:
- Supporting Entrepreneurs.
- Attracting & Retaining Talent through Immigration, Student Retention & Repatriation.
- Strengthening the Economic Development Ecosystem through Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships.
About Taskforce Fredericton Startup Network
- Connectivity – creating a cohesive startup ecosystem.
- Collaboration – strategic alignment among stakeholders identifying opportunities for collaboration and avoiding duplication.
- Communication – through information sharing.
Vision: To be the Startup Capital and be the destination for companies and community to thrive”
Media Contact: Laurie Guthrie, Economic Development Specialist, 506.444.4686,