For immediate release: June 6, 2017
Media Advisory: Media Familiarization Tour & Planet Hatch Open House- June 14, 2017
FREDERICTON, N.B. - Planet Hatch, New Brunswick’s flagship business incubator and accelerator, invites members of the media to an open house and pancake breakfast on Wednesday, June 14 at 50 Crowther Lane - Knowledge Park from 8:30 am to 10:00 am.
Modelled after prominent centres from across North America, there is a high rate of innovation happening at our very own Planet Hatch. This is your unique opportunity to intimately experience the centre, meet the partners and entrepreneurs plus enjoy a pancake breakfast. Highlights will include:
- Pancake Breakfast 8:30 am to 9:00 am, followed by
- Planet Hatch Tour
- Partners Showcase - Planet Hatch is home to eight accelerator programs including:
- Pond-Deshpande Centre Be For Change accelerator for social enterprises
- Joint Economic Development Initiative enabling aboriginal economic development
- Activator UNB student startup leadership program
- PropelICT Launch early stage tech business accelerator
- CyberLaunch Academy computer science courses for kids (8-13 yrs)
- The HIVE incubator for new Canadians
- Export Igniter export accelerator
- ArtsLinkNB Catapult arts accelerator
- Taskforce Fredericton Startup Network - Ignite Fredericton and Planet Hatch have strategically aligned over 20 entrepreneurial organizations who meet regularly to connect and collaborate on entrepreneurial projects. Learn about how this group is mapping their services based on the phases of business, and are collectively working together, which earned Fredericton the ‘2016 Startup Community of Canada’ award.
- Artrepreneur-in-Residence - A program designed to help aspiring artists turn their passion into a viable business by giving them access to the necessary tools to succeed in today’s marketplace. Artrepreneurs are given the support they need to expand their professional network and advance their career through business counselling, mentorship, office space, access to events, and more!
- Meet the Startups - A unique opportunity to meet the current resident companies of Planet Hatch as well as graduated startups who are now expanding and exporting.
Please register at the following link: https://planethatchopenhouse.eventbrite.ca
Planet Hatch’s open house is part of a national movement by the Association of University Research Parks, of which Knowledge Park is a member. The purpose is to provide the media and public with an opportunity to learn about Canada’s network of research parks.
About Planet Hatch www.planethatch.com
As New Brunswick’s flagship business incubator and accelerator, Planet Hatch connects startups and aspiring entrepreneurs with the best resources to help them commercialize their ideas into game-changing products and services. In our collaborative, state-of-the-art centre, we offer a full suite of entrepreneurial support services in all sectors (including eight acceleration programs) to help your ideas take flight.
Media Contact: Laurie Guthrie, Economic Development Specialist