ENTREPRENEURIAL SERVICES ASSISTANT (2 positions available)
Our organization, comprising three resident brands, is fuelling entrepreneurs! As a summer intern, you will gain invaluable experience, develop new skills, and build a diverse network within Fredericton’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Your responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to:
- Project Work - Assisting in the development of new programs and conducting various project-related tasks regarding strategic economic development initiatives.
- Sales and Client Relations- Being a frontline economic development service provider to our clients, the entrepreneurs of the Fredericton region, while identifying new growth-supporting strategies.
- Event Management - Aiding in the planning and execution of various events.
- Project management skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize several projects at once.
- Customer service experience.
- Sales skills and experience are an asset.
- Event management skills and experience are an asset.
- Proficiency in Google Docs & MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized and attention to detail.
- Research and survey experience considered a strong asset.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Must be between ages of 18-30 years of age, a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and registered as a full time student with intent to return to school in the fall.
Application Deadline: May 10th, 2017
Details:$12.50/hour, 35 hours/week for 12 weeks. Between the dates of May 23rd, 2017 – August 11th, 2017 (term is negotiable)
Please submit your cover letter & resume by May 10th (including your email and phone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOCAL IMMIGRATION PARTNERSHIP ASSISTANT (1 position available)
This position is responsible for assisting and supporting the coordination and development of the Local Immigration Partnership.
The Local Immigration Partnership of Fredericton is a community-based partnership that involves a range of stakeholders in the planning and development of collaborative and innovative solutions to enhance newcomer settlement, increase integration and help with community priorities to make Fredericton a more welcoming community. Our partners include newcomer service provider organizations, multiple levels of government, school boards, professional associations, ethno-cultural organizations, faith-based organizations, as well as the community at large.
Your responsibilities and duties include:
- Work with the Population Growth Specialist and Local Immigration Partnership of Fredericton Council (LIPF) to engage with stakeholders and community organizations to advance the LIPF mandate
- Assist the Population Growth Specialist with scheduling meetings, taking minutes and following up on projects of the LIP Council and LIP Working Groups
- Assist the Population Growth Specialist with community outreach activities
- Gather existing community information, gap analysis, statistical data, literature around Fredericton immigration and identify other necessary consultation and/or research
- Work with the LIP project team to implement the Fredericton Region Immigration Settlement and Integration Strategy action plans
- Provide support, information and advice to enable the effective functioning of the LIP activities
- Support the Population Growth Specialist with developing marketing materials, website information, resources and social media content
- Participate in external meetings, consultations and other relevant forums as required to support the LIP
- University degree, or equivalent experience, in business, communication or cultural focused discipline
- Familiarity with the immigrant/newcomer experience
- Exceptional organization, multitask and project management skills
- Community outreach experience
- Superior writing, editing and communication skills
- Able to work independently with little supervision as well as part of a team
- Experience with meeting preparation, writing minutes, follow up activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social media to provide general administration, statistical reports, maintain databases, marketing.
- Available to work evenings and weekends if required
Successful candidates must be able to work in a fast paced environment, dealing with stakeholders via phone, email, and face to face. This is a summer position with a possibility of renewal for the Fall term.
Application Deadline: May 10th, 2017 at 4:30 PM
Details: $18 per hour + 4% Vacation Pay
Please submit your cover letter & resume by May 10th (including your email and phone) here