For immediate release: April 3, 2017
Media Advisory: Energy Innovations Forum
FREDERICTON, N.B. – Twenty energy thought-leaders from across North America will be joined by another dozen regional leaders in Fredericton tomorrow to showcase the rise of clean energy generation and storage, how smart grid will enable these energy sources for customers and utilities, and to showcase the opportunities that will flow from this coming energy revolution.
The first Energy Innovations Forum begins at 8:30 Tuesday morning April 4 and runs through Wednesday April 5, at the Fredericton Convention Centre. The forum was created, and is hosted, by the Smart Grid Innovation Network (SGIN), in association with Ignite Fredericton. While advance registration is now complete, a limited amount of on-site registrations will be available starting at 7:30 on Tuesday morning.
Day one will focus on the evolution of smart energy technologies, and will include expert insights on innovations in solar, smart homes and cities, electric vehicle charging, and smart grid technologies. Just a few of the must-see speakers on Tuesday include:
- Dr. Karim Zaghib – the foremost battery storage expert in the world from Hydro Quebec
- Iuliana Calin - Director of energy partnerships for NEST thermostats
- Tony Wright – GM, Fundy FORCE - Canada's leading research centre for in-stream tidal energy, located in the Bay of Fundy
- Frédèric Delrieu, the e-mobility product lead for Volvo’s Nova Bus – makers of electric buses
Day two will focus on the developments, challenges and evolving smart energy business opportunities relevant to New Brunswick and Atlantic Canada. This day will feature smart utility and smart city discussions driven by utilities and municipalities. Some of the must-see speakers on Wednesday include:
- Mark de Vere White – President of ITRON – electricity , a global company providing technology solutions for smart grid
- Neetika Sathe – VP of Powerstream and head of emerging technologies for Alectra Energy Solutions.
- James Marshall, Director of Smart Home Products for Rogers Canada
- Patty Durand, President& CEO, Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative, a non-profit whose mission is to advance a consumer-friendly, consumer-safe smart grid through research and education
Media Contact: Brent Staeben, Energy Innovation Forum Organizing Committee, 506.471.3514, firstname.lastname@example.org