FREDERICTON, N.B. - Ignite Fredericton, the Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour (PETL) and Opportunities New Brunswick (ONB) would like to invite members of the media to the People, Skills, Jobs: Career Fair on November 29th at the Hotel Delta Fredericton from 12pm to 7pm.
The People, Skills, Jobs: Career Fair will connect the Greater Fredericton Region’s general population with existing opportunities and jobs within the local region. Ignite Fredericton, PETL and ONB intend to use the career fair to increase awareness about current and future local opportunities and improve population retention. By developing Fredericton’s local talent pool, local businesses will be able to conduct succession plan, grow and expand, while city of Fredericton will be able to attract new businesses and investment opportunities.
The People, Skills, Jobs: Career Fair will include:
- Booths for private and nonprofit organizations and educational institutions
- Onsite Employment Counselors from PETL
- Six to seven information sessions, including sessions geared towards First Nations and newcomers, sessions by Ignite Fredericton, PETL and ONB, sessions by IBM and the Canadian Forces, and information sessions for IT and Trades
- Digital job fair leading up to event powered by Alongside (formerly known as Qimple)
Attendees will include those who are:
- Looking for a new career
- Searching for future careers
More information can be accessed at: https://psj2016.eventbrite.ca
About Ignite Fredericton
Mission: Fuelling Entrepreneurs for Economic Growth!
Vision: Startup Capital of Canada
As the community economic development organization, Ignite Fredericton provides free and confidential business counselling and tools to help entrepreneurs start, grow or locate a business. Core functions include:
- Supporting Entrepreneurs.
- Attracting & Retaining Talent through Immigration, Student Retention & Repatriation.
- Strengthening the Economic Development Ecosystem through Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships.
Media Contact: Julia Ramirez, Population Growth Specialist, 506.444.4686, firstname.lastname@example.org